Egg 65 or Anda 65 from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
For the egg coating:
Whole eggs: 6 + 1
Salt: for sprinkling on the eggs + 3/4th teaspoon
Black pepper powder: for sprinkling on the eggs + 1/4th teaspoon
Red chilli powder/lal mirch powder: 1 teaspoon
Curd/dahi: 1 1/2 tablespoon
All purpose flour/maida: 4 tablespoons
Corn flour/makai ka aata: 4 tablespoons
Ginger garlic paste/adrak lehsan ka paste: 3/4th teaspoon
Oil: for frying
1. Boil six eggs, peel the skin and divide each egg into four equal pieces.
2. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder on these egg pieces, keep aside.
3. Add cornflour, all purpose flour or maida, cornflour, one whole egg, 3/4th teaspoon salt , red chilli powder, 1/4th teaspoon black pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, curd and few pinches red food colour to a bowl.
4. Add required amount of water and blend well to form a thick consistency batter (make a very thick consistency batter to prevent tearing of the coating).
5. Add oil for frying. When the oil is hot, dip each egg piece into the oil. Do not flip or turn. instead pour the batter over the yolk. This will preserve the yolk.
6. Lower the coated eggs into the hot oil . Fry delicately on both sides till they turn brown. Remove and keep aside.
For final preparation:
Oil/tel: 3 tablespoons (from the oil used for frying the egg fritters)
Cumin seeds/sabuth zeera: 1 teaspoon
Thinly diced ginger/bareek kati hui adrak: 1 1/2 teaspoon
Thinly diced garlic/bareek kati hui lehsan: 1 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves/kari patta: 1/2 cup
Whole green chillies/sabuth hari mirch: 8
Salt/bareek namak : 1/4th teaspoon
Red chilli powder/lal mirch powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red food colour/khane ka lal rang: few pinches (optional)
Curd/dahi: 2 tablespoons
Oil/tel: for frying + 3 tablespoons
Chopped coriander/kata hua hara dhaniya: for garnishing
1. To a pan, add 3 tablespoons oil.
2. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
3. Let splutter and add thinly diced ginger, thinly diced garlic, curry leaves and add whole green chillies, slit vertically and de-seeded.
4. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add salt, red chilli powder, red chilli sauce (if you prefer less spicy, you can reduce the amount of green chillies and red chilli sauce).
6. Add about 2 tablespoons water and few pinches red food colour to the curd and mix well.
7. Add this curd to the pan.
8. Add fried eggs.
9. Mix very delicately to preserve the egg coating.
10. Switch off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander and dish out delicately.
Egg 65 is ready. Serve hot with Kaju Rice/Zeera Rice and any gravy curry pf your choice.